ASG awarded contract through state’s competitive bidding process
to help enhance care for more than 850,000 MassHealth members
BOSTON – Monday, September 24, 2018 – Archipelago Strategies Group (ASG) today announced it has been awarded a five-year contract through MassHealth to provide consumer engagement to Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Community Partners (CPs) across Massachusetts.
ASG was awarded the contract through the state’s competitive bidding process, reflecting the agency’s deep experience using multicultural consumer engagement in the field of health care.
“This program is all about enhancing health care for MassHealth members,” said Josiane Martinez, ASG’s Founder and CEO. “ASG specializes in multicultural consumer engagement and we are proud to bring our skills to the Commonwealth’s efforts to transform health care.”
ASG’s contract is through the MassHealth Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Program and TA Marketplace, and Abt Associates, Inc. Under the contact, ASG will be a part of the TA Marketplace where ACOs and CPs can access TA Vendor services to help improve healthcare outcomes and member experience for more than 850,000 MassHealth members.
ASG’s TA Service Available to ACOs and CPs include:
Multicultural Communications to Engage Consumers
- Culturally-sensitive language services to help ACOs and CPs identify, engage, grow, validate, and retain their attributed and aligned ACO membership
- Translations and adaptations of message in at least eight languages (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Vietnamese, Khmer and Polish)
- Research, development and branding of incentive programs that help members understand and take an active role in the ACO’s care management programs
Multicultural Marketing and Public Relations
- Design and development of multilingual letters, flyers, posters, digital and social media to communicate with consumers in at least eight languages
- Production and placement of TV, radio, digital and print messages to reach consumers in trusted outlets, including ethnic media
- Ethnic media PR services, press releases, op-eds, PSAs and bilingual spokesperson services; marketing at multicultural health fairs and festivals
Cultural competency Trainings for ACOs and CPs
- Trainings for ACO and CP staff to help understand the social, cultural, linguistic, attitudes and overall access needs of their consumers
- Focus groups and surveys in multiple languages on consumer challenges and opportunities
- Region-specific trainings featuring analysis of needs of diverse communities and solutions for enhancing staff language capacity
- Recruiting diverse community leaders for patient and family advisory boards
ASG’s Proven Results:
ASG is the Massachusetts Health Connector’s prime vendor for open enrollment outreach and education. Using a combination of multicultural marketing, public relations and consumer engagement. ASG’s campaigns have contributed to record health insurance enrollment for the Health Connector, including a more than 50-percent-increase in new members statewide in 2017. A certified minority, woman and LGBT-owned business enterprise, ASG was named as Massachusetts Minority-Owned Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration in 2017.