(ASG produced this TV ad for Pressley and placed it on Telemundo, Univision and Facebook)
BOSTON – Heavy use of multicultural media and community engagement helped Ayanna Pressley reach new and diverse voters in her historic, 18-point victory over long-term incumbent Congressman Michael Capuano in the 7th Congressional District of Massachusetts.
Archipelago Strategies Group (ASG), which served as multicultural media and community engagement consultant to Pressley’s campaign, released the following report on the strategy which helped propel Pressley to victory.
“We disrupted the traditional campaign model to engage new and diverse voters in this majority-minority district,” said Josiane Martinez, founder and CEO of ASG. “I credit Ayanna Pressley and her campaign for understanding the importance of engaging diverse residents and not being afraid to invest in a fully multicultural strategy.”
ASG Multicultural Media and Communications Strategy:
Ayanna Pressley for Congress, MA-7
Earned Media Strategy:
· 100-plus interviews and stories in ethnic and urban media outlets
Ethnic TV Strategy:
· 30-sec Spanish spot on Telemundo and Univision VIEW / EMBED AD
· 60-sec Spanish spot on Facebook VIEW / EMBED AD
Ethnic Radio Strategy:
· Haitian media spots LISTEN TO AD
· Spanish radio spots LISTEN TO AD
· African American radio spots LISTEN TO AD
Ethnic Print Strategy:
· Spanish newspaper ads and palm cards VIEW PALM CARD
· Chinese newspaper ads and palm cards VIEW AD
· African American newspaper ads and palm cards VIEW AD
Community Engagement and Events
· Launch of Latinos for Ayanna, May 2
· Release of plan to Abolish ICE, June 25
· Immigration roundtable and release of equity agenda in Everett, June 26
· Housing roundtable in Chinatown, August 1
· Anti-gun violence action with El Planeta Newspaper, August 31
Need multicultural marketing, ads, PR or community engagement services?
Fill out this form for a free consult!